For those who don’t already know, I have been recently appointed the district leader for South West Herts. I’d like to firstly thank everyone who I have met at any of the events I have been to as the conversations we have had have helped me grow and feel confident enough to be able to take the position. +Chris Ogle won’t be leaving the region but he will be helping initially with my transition into the role and then looking to carry on with the growth nationally.
I really want to take this time to explain the different elements that we have available for you to participate in and benefit from:
1) Events- In SW Herts, we are currently running 9 events that you can attend. We have tried to have different types of events in different parts of the district so as many people can attend. The events are great to attend to meet people who share the same ethos as you do and many people find they very rewarding. All the events can be found at http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/link4growth-south-west-hertfordshire-2250392243 and I look forward to seeing you at an event soon.
2) Training- Link4Growth is not just about events, it is about equipping the community with the skills they need to succeed with their aims. That is why we are rolling out the Link4Skills training program, both offline and online. These are great ways to make sure you have all the skills you need to succeed. Again, all the details of the training can be found at http://link4growth.biz/l4g/trainings-2/.
3) Forum- The L4G forum is a great place to communicate with all the other people in Link4Growth. With 3,000 people on there who all have been to an event, this is a great place to chat to other people all who share the same ethos but at a national level. The forum also has a variety of blogs, health tips, groups and much more so pop over to http://www.2020bclive.net/forum.php as you have finished this and start to participate.
4) Google+- This is the platform that Link4Growth will be using to rebuild community. The country has been divided into 70 districts and each district broken down into towns. There is a page for Watford and is a great was to network with local people when you want to. We have got a few local charities to showcase their work and as we grow, this will be the place to find out what is happening in Watford.
5) Community TV- A relatively new addition to the L4G portfolio but Chris and I host a weekly TV show that rounds up what is going on in Watford. We look to bring on a few guests on every week and discuss something that they are interested in. We have had people talking about a variety of things and as it grows it will be another stream to find out what is going on in SW Herts. To check out what is going on and watch the show, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6MqsYjCDxeF6XipRvTH1ZQ and if that excited you, let me and we will organise a slot for you to come on.
As you can see we have an awful lot going on in SW Herts and as it continues to grow, more and more will begin to happen. Lastly, I want to take this time to ask two things of you. Firstly, keep attending the events you already do and if possible come and try a new event in the district. It is amazing to see the progression and with more participation, more can be achieved. Lastly, I ask if you meet anyone you think would benefit from anything I have mentioned, get them to get in contact with me and I will love to help. Link4Growth is about the community and the more we participate, the more the community will grow and benefit. If you want to contact me, check out my profile page on the forum and this has all the different ways you can contact me
Hope to see you at an event soon,