The PHS is an idea based on observations about Health in the UK...
- The NHS is highly stressed as it is, but with an ageing population the NHS is likely to experience much higher demand in the coming years.
- How could we reduce the numbers of people that need to access the NHS?
- What if we could leap on the huge trend of people taking better care of themselves?
"Apple and Samsung (to name two companies) are investing $ billions in devices that support people in taking more responsibility for their own health"
With so much pressure on the NHS and growing numbers of people with obesity, diabetes and debilitating conditions there is clearly a need for something to happen.
The invisible health team
Through Networking over the past 10 years it is clear that there is a wide and diverse range of people that offer complementary health and wellness services and products. Health is a topic that always features in conversations and there is huge interest in preventative care.
The challenge for both people at large, and these complementary therapists and practitioners is how do they find each other? ... and... how can we find out what is available in our locality?
For individual practitioners working alone, to get traction can be both time consuming and tedious with no promise of any results at the end of it.
So what if there was a way of
- Bringing a diverse range of Health Practitioners together
- Offering important, invaluable, and unbiased information not available easily elsewhere
- Providing access to complementary services and products
"all aimed at keeping people well"
- Reducing the burden (potentially) on the NHS
- Keep people on their feet, living longer, more fulfilling and happier lives
How would you do that?
The PHS is an Umbrella idea that provides a simple framework at a national level. This is just a way of bringing all local initiatives together under a national brand / label. This is not a business, a charity or government initiative. It is simply a way of bringing people keen on this idea together so that we are able to share how things are developing across the country.
The SWHertsPHS is a local implementation of the PHS initiative. So there is already a core team of 7 practitioners / supporters who are growing and developing the SWHertsPHS.
- No fees to join in and participate
- Self perpetuating... people led and people driven... inclusive anyone in wellness can be part of it, from growing vegetables, nutrition, reflexology, crystal healing through to meditation, mindfulness, fitness and mental health and everything in between
- Can be implemented anywhere
The plan is to host PHS Sessions to bring together practitioners and those seeking information, products, services and conversations during the day and evening in different locations throughout South West Herts. All sessions will be free to attend for the public.
As the idea grows and spreads then the expectation is to broaden the venues available and the number of events being run.
For Health & Wellness Practitioners
This provides the following benefits :
- Gain more visibility and traction by working as a collaborative team
- Opportunity to provide information, signposting and refer to others
- Provide access to a diverse range of products and services to maintain / improve health and wellness
- Support and complement the NHS out in the community
For people in the community
This offers the following advantages :
- Access to information from single location that is not easily available elsewhere
- A chance to meet a diverse range of Health & Wellness specialists without obligation
- Try out different products and services aimed at keeping us healthy, well and happy
This is an amazing opportunity for us to build something really rather special just like the NHS all those years ago. As more knowledge becomes available about how our bodies work, and we accept that we're all unique, the PHS will provide an important service in finding what works for each of us on our own Health and Wellness journey.
Let's make it happen!